- 1988 – M.S. Degree Forest Resources, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho.
- 1982 – Post-graduate studies in Forest Ecology and Silviculture (CEFES).
- 1972 – M.S. Degree Watershed Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- 1970 – B.S. Degree, Forestry, S.U.N.Y.College of Forestry at Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York.
- 1966 – H.S. diploma, Murdock High School, Winchendon, Mass.
- 1974-present: American Tree Farm System Tree Farm Inspector No. 18498.
- 1994-present: Society of American Foresters Certified Forester #112.
- 1981-2003: Society of American Foresters Continuing Education Certificates: 12 certificates earned (150 contact hours each).
- 1981-1982 – Continuing Education in Forest Ecology and Silviculture (CEFES): forestry graduate study at University of Montana, Washington State University, and University of Idaho.