- 2016 – Grand fir nutrition in the Inland Northwestern USA. Forests 7(11):261, co-author: Mark D. Coleman.
- 2008 – Western larch: A deciduous conifer in an evergreen world. Idaho Forest, Wildlife, and Range Experiment Station, Station Bulletin No. 90, Moscow, Idaho, co-author: Ron Mahoney.
- 1992 – Shove Creek water quality analysis, Twin Lakes, Idaho. University of Idaho, Moscow, co-author with Dr. Mike Falter.
- 1992 – Pruning conifers in the Inland Northwest, Proceedings: Pruning Symposium. University of Washington, Seattle, co-author with Dr. Kevin O’Hara and Sue K. Hagle.
- 1988 – A stand volume equation for lodgepole pine in northern Idaho. M.S. Thesis, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho.
- 1985 – Site preparation trials with Roundup in northern Idaho, Proceedings: Weed Control for Forest Productivity. Washington State University, Pullman, Washington.
- 1979 – Experience with the Hahn harvester, Proceedings: American Society of Agricultural Engineers, Great Falls, Montana.
- 1974 – Chemistry of throughfall under Douglas fir and Rocky Mountain Juniper. The American Midland Naturalist 92(1):191-201, co-author with Dr. George Hart.
- 1970 – The influence of atmospheric dust and foliar leachates on the chemical quality of throughfall in northern Utah., M.S. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
Other Written Material
- 2011 – Regeneration success or failure and how to tell the difference, The Forestry Source 16(6):15-16, June 2011.
- 2011 – Regeneration success or failure and how to tell the difference, Western Forester 27(1):26-27.
- 2010 – Growth response of an operationally fertilized stand at Brickel Creek, north Idaho. Intermountain Forest Tree Nutrition Cooperative (IFTNC), University of Idaho, co-authors: Terry Shaw and Mark Kimsey.
- 2003 – A stand volume equation for cruising small-diameter material, Journal of Forestry 101(5):5-6.
- 2003 – Access control on Inland Empire Paper Company timberlands, Western Forester 48(3): 6-8, SAF Northwest Office, Portland, Oregon.
- 2002 – Fee Access, Northwest Woodlands, Spring 2002 issue.
- 1998 – Emerging issues in forest management, Western Forester 43(7):1-11, SAF Northwest Office, Portland, Oregon.